White Nail Inspiration has become a classic manicure that won’t ever go out of style.
A white nail is perfect for the minimalist in you, but also versatile and accessible for even newbie nail painters.
From a subtle shine to unique designs, these white nail inspiration ideas will get you there.
Oh So Subtle
- Sheer Shine – Envision white glitter polish – but barely there and super chic. A sheer shiny white shade magically transforms your manicure and adds subtle glamour.
- Matte Magic – Got an opaque white shade? Swipe on a layer of matte top coat for a sophisticated and velvety alternative.
- Ombre Effect – Play with the contrast for an ombre effect. Start with a plain white shade and layer it with lighter and dark polish. With your imagination and combination of white shades, the possibilities are endless.
White Nail Design Ideas
Once you’ve mastered the basics of white manicures, why not push the envelope a bit? Here are a few examples of nail art designs to take your look one step further.
- Go, French – Try a French manicure but with a white and light grey ombré. Start with the white at the cuticle and the light grey at the tip.
- Dress Up Your Tip – File your nails in an almond shape and add a white glitter tip.
- Accent Color – Add one accent color for impact. Try shades of blues, greens, and taupes for art deco vibes.
- Sparkles – For a night-out look, try adding a bit of sparkle with white. Silver and gold glitters will give your mani a glitzy look.
White manicures are timeless, contemporary, and sophisticated. Use these inspirational ideas to turbo-charge your manicure for a go-to look that suits pretty much any occasion.
White French tip Nails
French tip nails are a classic style that is easy to achieve with a little bit of practice. French tips typically feature a plain white or beige base color and white tips.
To achieve this look, start by applying two coats of your base color to each nail. Next, use a thin nail art brush to create thin lines at the ends of your nails.
Once the white lines are in place, you can finish your design with a clear top coat for extra shine and protection.